Apple today released iOS 6.0.1, an incremental update for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch fixing visual glitch woes (horizontal lines bug) seen on the iPhone keyboard when entering an account password in the App Store, fixing issue on iPhone 5 device during OTA updates. The timing of the release is also quite interesting – just a day before the official launch of iPad 4 and iPad Mini.
Other additions in iOS 6.0.1 update include fixing bugs such as camera flash not going off, cellular data not working in few cases, a bug that disallow access to Passbook pass details directly from the lock screen, add a consolidated cellular data switch for iTunes Match, and fixing the bug that caused Exchange meetings to be unexpectedly cancelled for the entire calendar invite group. The iOS 6.0.1 change-log had been leaked into the wild a few weeks back.
Owners of supported iOS devices can download iOS 6.0.1 software update via an over-the-air (OTA) or through iTunes. iPhone 5 users updating directly from their device are required to install an “Updater for iPhone 5″ application first to fix a bug that prevent OTA updates. After applying updater, the bug will be patched and iPhone 5 users can then download iOS 6.0.1 from their device.
iOS 6.0.1 is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPod touch 5G, iPad, iPad 2, ‘The New iPad’ (iPad 3), iPad Mini and iPad 4. The build is marked as 10A525 for iPhone 5 and 10A523 for rest of the iOS devices.
Why Shouldn’t I update to iOS 6.0.1?
iPhone users with preserved baseband ‘must’ stay away from installing the iOS 6.0.1 (10A523) software update. Jailbreakers are advised to save 6.0 SHSH blobs. Once 6.0 stops being signed, you will NOT be able to downgrade from 6.01 to iOS 6.0 IPSW. Earlier today, iPhone Dev team updated the redsn0w which supports iOS 6.0 and lets you save SHSH blobs for both iPad 4 and iPad Mini off to Cydia.
iOS 6.0.1 Direct Download Links:
- iPod Touch 5G (iPod5,1) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPod Touch 4G (iPod4,1) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPhone 5 (Verizon) (iPhone5,2) 6.0.1 (10A525)
- iPhone 5 (AT&T) (iPhone5,1) 6.0.1 (10A525)
- iPhone 3GS (iPhone2,1) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPhone 4 (iPhone3,1) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPhone 4 (AT&T) (iPhone3,2) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPhone 4 (Verizon) (iPhone3,3) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPhone 4S (iPhone4,1) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad 2 (Wi-Fi) (iPad2,1) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad 2 (AT&T) (iPad2,2) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad 2 (Verizon) (iPad2,3) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad2,4 (iPad2,4) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad 3 (Wi-Fi) (iPad3,1) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad 3 (AT&T) (iPad3,2) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad 3 (Verizon) (iPad3,3) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad Mini (WiFi) (iPad 2,5) 6.0.1 (10A523)
- iPad 4 (WiFi) (iPad 3,3) 6.0.1 (10A523)