Many iPhone unlockers are waiting anxiously for Ultrasn0w unlock support for iOS 6.0, but unfortunately, it is not updated yet. Till the time iPhone Dev Team pushes out iOS 6.0 compatible ultrasn0w unlock, you can install Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0 that conveniently patches the iPhone Dev-Team’s ultrasn0w unlock, to work with jailbroken iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (old bootroms) running the latest mobile operating system – iOS 6.0 (build 10A403). Developed by msft.guy and zmaster, ultrasn0w fixer for 6.0 can be downloaded by adding the repo: http://repo.iparelhos.com.
Warning Supported modem basebands are listed below. Everything else is NOT supported.
Guide to Unlock iOS 6.0 using UltraSn0w Fixer for 6.0
Note: Ultrasn0w does not support iOS 6 yet, so the Ultrasn0w Fixer for 6.0 is an unsupported hack to make it work until it gets updated officially for iOS 6. When that happens, only Step 1 and Step 2 must be followed.
Step 1: Jailbreak iOS 6.0 firmware using Redsn0w with preserved baseband. Make sure your iPhone is on one of the following basebands: 01.59.00, 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.13.01, 05.12.01, 06.15.00. You can check this by going to Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware.If you are already running iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS with preserved baseband, skip this step and jump to Step 2.
How to update to 6.0 iOS while preserving Baseband using Redsn0w.
- Launch Redsn0w, select “Extras” – Even More – Restore and then select “IPSW”.
- Locate your iOS 6.0 Stock firmware and click ok. You will be asked if you would like to Prevent baseband update. Click the Yes button.
- A window will come saying that Pwned DFU mode is required. Click the OK button.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer, turn it off, and click Next
- RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode. Your device will be detected once in DFU mode and exploited with Limera1n. After that, the Redsn0w will run a number of background processes. Don’t panic! Stay calm.
- Redsn0w will start preparing a restore image.
- Once the restore has been completed successfully, your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS will be running on iOS 6.0 with old baseband.
Step 2: After you have successfully jailbroken your device, launch Cydia from your iPhone Springboard and install ultrasn0w 1.2.7.
Step 3: Now, Go to the “Manage” tab, then tap “Sources”
Step 4: Tap Edit, then Add, you should get a dialog asking for a URL
Step 5: Enter this URL: http://repo.iparelhos.com and then press ‘Add Source’.
Step 6: After the repository has refreshed and finished loading sources, Tap on the iParelhos repo to see Ultrasn0w Fixer utility.
Step 7: Select the Fixer utility, and tap on the ‘Install’ in the top right hand corner.
Step 8: Reboot your device and your iPhone should be unlocked on latest iOS 6.0 mobile operating system.
You must follow Follow @@JAlLBREAKS to get updated as soon as the updated Ultrasn0w with iOS 6 support is out for download! If you have any other issue related to jailbreaking jump to jailbreak forum to seek help or ask on twitter.