Chinese site Sohu has posted a series of photos of component parts for the next generation iPhone, including a high resolution photo offering closer look on how the components will be placed within the rear shell. Similar photo was leaked last week showing a dock connector and headphone jack attached to a leaked rear shell for the iPhone 5. The look of repair parts certainly matches the internal components we have been witnessing since past few months.
The latest leaked photo shows flex cable housing the external buttons, the SIM tray, and dock connector/headphone jack flex cable. As evident in image below, the empty area will be covered by the battery and logic board, which would be installed on the left and right sides respectively. Similar parts and videos have leaked multiple times (1, 2) in past offering hardware details about how the next generation iPhone will look like.
The publication finally compares the upcoming iPhone 5 to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS giving a good look at the thickness of the three devices. There will be major design change the new iPhone will carry and following is the list, as noted by us earlier.
Changes in iPhone 5 compared with iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5 glass lens is 90.25mm long, 51.60mm wide, while iPhone 4S is 76.65mm and 51.60mm. The display area enlarges from 3.61 inches to 4.065 inches. The LCD screen can be a little smaller, and that will be around 4 inches. The thickness of iPhone 5 lens is 0.9mm as compared to 1.00mm in iPhone 4S – which comes out to be 0.1mm thinner . The resolution ratio of iPhone 5 glass lens is around 16:9, which will be a big change for iPhone.
- Transmittance of iPhone 5 is better when compared with its predecessor iPhone 4S.
- The camera hole of iPhone 5 glass lens moves from the left side to the right middle above the receiver. The change in the position could allow people to take photo more comfortably. The camera hole on iPhone 5 glass lens narrows a little bit. It could be possible that Apple might push the smaller front facing camera.
- The ambient light sensor hole moves from the top to the left side of receiver. Also, it becomes slightly small when compared to iPhone 4S.
- The diameter of home button hole of iPhone 5 glass lens is narrowed 0.3mm. That is to say the iPhone 5 home button will become smaller and the iPhone 4S home button will not fit for iPhone The area around the home button of iPhone 5 glass lens also narrows down.
- The sixth generation iPhone is less prone to scratches.
Finally, iLab Factory has also posted a photo of the two-tone silver rear shell of the white next-generation iPhone but with black strips at the top and bottom for the antennas. The photo is in contrast to all other panel we have seen to date with white strips. [via MacRumors, Source Sohu]