Dashboard X 2.0 jailbreak app has been released and is available for download. The all new Dashboard X 2.0 brings number of new features along with bug fixes on both iPhone and iPad. If you are unaware, Dashboard X is an awesome widgets system for iOS that works with existing notification center widgets and places them on your home screen and a special dashboard screen (like in OS X!). The custom widget is simple and elegant in design that suits the Home screen perfectly.
Tap and hold on an empty space to add widgets. With Dashboard X 2.0, you can replace background options – Yes! It’s themable and works with all widgets. As evident in a video, widgets added on the iPhone home screen can easily be resized using pinch – small or big making it more aesthetically pleasing.
Developer Ori Kadosh has revamped the app for iPad by introducing all new interface. Like for iPhone and iPod touch, features such as resizing widgets and replace background has been made available. You can even assign different positions for different orientations on the iPad which comes handy for tricky layouts.
Like the original version, Dashboard X 2.0 jailbreak tweak offers a Dashboard mode, which is a standalone screen that can be accessed using an Activator action. You can assign widgets directly to the Dashboard via the Settings app as well.
Full change log for version 2.0:
Dashboard X 2.0 change log:
1) Dropped the alert for deleting widgets.
2) Pop over for adding a new widget on the iPad
3) Resizing widgets (two finger pinch)
4) New animations for adding a new widget on iPhone
5) ‘Duck’ (contrary to the name, it does not, ‘suck’ ) animation when removing widgets
6) In ‘Add New Widget’ dialog widgets no longer have “_” in their names
7) Compatibility with no dots tweak
Option added to ‘replace background’ — replaces widgets’ backgrounds with a nicer ones
9) When in wiggle mode and moving widgets, a tap and hold is required before actually moving the widget, like with normal app icons.
10) Different positions for different orientations on the iPad (on home screen)
11) Dashboard screen supports all (landscape right, left and portrait upside down) orientations.
For new users, Dashboard X 2.0 download will be available for $1.99 on Cydia store (via the ModMyi repository) for jailbroken iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Existing users can upgrade it for free.