As predicted, The Chronic Dev Team has released Absinthe 2.0.2 adding support to jailbreak 5.1.1 build 9B208, which was recently released by Apple for GSM iPhone 4. The team added a different payload for the fourth generation device on the latest build to work correctly with Absinthe 5.1.1 jailbreak. Build 9B206 on iPhone 4 was already supported by one-click jailbreak Absinthe 2.0.1. The tutorial guides to jailbreak 5.1.1 iPhone 4 build 9B208 would remain exactly the same.
The current Absinthe 2.0.2 is the most stable release to date and addresses most of the bugs that arrived with its first release – Absinthe 2.0. Apart from adding support to build 9B208 on iOS 5.1.1, the change log doesn’t address any other bug. Download the latest version of Absinthe from our downloads page.
Your iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 9B208 is now jailbreakable. The method is fairly simple and even your grandma can jailbreak your iOS device. You may follow the links below for jailbreaking any of your device.
- How To: Run Absinthe 2.0.2 on Mac 10.8 to Jailbreak 5.1.1
- How To: Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G/3G on 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.2
- How To: Untether 5.1.1 jailbreak with Rocky Racoon 5.1.1
- How To: Jailbreak iPhone 4S/4/3GS on 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.2
- How To: Jailbreak iPad 3 on 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.2
- How To: Jailbreak 5.1.1 using Command Line Interface (CLI)
If you get any error while jailbreaking with Absinthe 2.0.2, report us immediately in our comment section below. We will get in touch with hackers to get it resolved as soon as they can.