Now the chains for un-tethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak are finally off! All iOS devices on iOS 5.1.1 can now be jailbroken using Absinthe 2.0. However, many users are facing issues in successfully jailbreaking their device and the most common of them is – “waiting for process to complete” continues into “hmm something seems to have gone wrong”. In order to fix it, Chronic Dev team has pushed an updated Absinthe 2.0.1. According to @pimskeks, version 2.0.1 is for “fixing a hang that could occur in certain situations.”
All you have to do is, retry jailbreaking iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with Absinthe 2.0.1. It will work like a charm for you. In case it doesn’t work, restore your device to fresh 5.1.1 through iTunes and Jailbreak it using Absinthe 2.0.1. It should work now. Download the latest version of Absinthe from our downloads page. The tutorial guide to jailbreak 5.1.1 would remain exactly the same. You can thus follow the links below for jailbreaking your device.
Have you tried Absinthe 2.0.1 yet? Were you able to jailbreak your device?
- How to Run Absinthe 2.0 on Mac 10.8 to Jailbreak 5.1.1
- How to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G/3G on 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1
- How to Untether 5.1.1 jailbreak with Rocky Racoon 5.1.1
- Download CLI (Rocky-Racoon) Tool For iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak
- How to jailbreak iPhone 4S/4/3GS on 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1
- How to jailbreak iPad 3 on 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1