If you’re just getting started with your newly jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and downloading lots of great cydia tweaks and apps, you must make sure that you have installed the updated version of it. The latest version will provide new features and important bug fixes, and it’s really easy to do, though the process is a bit different from Apple Appstore. Here’s how it works, step by step.
Just like the App Store, you’ll get updates available for any jailbreak app installed on your iOS device. If you see a circular red badge on your Cydia icon, it means you’ve got updates waiting to install. This update feature runs in the background, ready to accept updates as they are pushed out to the cydia store.
How to update jailbreak apps through Cydia installer
- Go to your iPhone’s home screen and tap on the Cydia icon to launch it.
- After the Cydia opens, sources will refresh and there will be a red number badge next to the Changes icon. Tap on the Changes tab at the bottom of the screen in middle. Here you will see the available updates for all applications you have installed on your device. If the list is blank, then you don’t have any updates available yet. However, if the list contains applications, move on to next step.
- Optionally, Select the app you want to update to see what changes developer has pushed into it. It could be fixing the app for incompatibility issue, or adding new features. Make sure your iOS device supports the latest version. Sometimes, the developers’ pushes applications based on latest public firmware and if your device doesn’t support it, the app may not work for you.
- Tap on the Upgrade button at the top right to install updated and latest version of your cydia app.
- Click the big rectangular button Restart your springboard.
Repeat the steps above for all of your outdated cydia applications. That’s it! You’ve updated your jailbreak applications to the most recent versions.