Now that Chronic Dev Team has released Absinthe A5 jailbreak, million of users are trying hard to jailbreak iPhone 4S or iPad 2 with Absinthe tool. Most of them are facing critical issues while jailbreaking with Greenpois0n Absinthe. Following are common issues along with their resolution:
Make sure you are using the latest version of Absinthe. Chronic Dev Team has already released a new build that’ll point the web clip to greenpois0n.com instead of the absinthe dedicated page. Downloading Absinthe 0.1.2-2 will fix most of the common errors.
Q1: Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”
Fix: When jailbreaking: Do not have a passcode set. Do not have your own VPN setup (Absinthe needs to setup its own). Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it’s done, or it will not work. Navigate to Settings, turn on VPN and wait instead.
- Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it’s done, or it will not work.
- VPN SHOULD error and then reboot soon. If Absinthe crashes, reboot your DEVICE and try again.
Q2: Absinthe loader is crashing while installing Cydia, I am unable to install cydia via Absinthe loader.
Fix: Loader will work when greenpois0n.com will be back online. Try Fix 1, alternatively.
Q3: Absinthe is not launching?
Running Absinthe from Terminal seems to fix issues for some people: cd to where the app is and ./Absinthe.app/Contents/MacOS/Absinthe
Q4: Camera roll is empty and not launching after Jailbreaking with Absinthe. How to fix this camera roll error?
Fix: If your camera roll is not functioning after Jailbreaking iPhone 4S or iPad 2 with Absinthe, it could mean that the Jailbreak is in an incomplete state. In order to fix camera roll error, just return to the Absinthe app and then return to it once to complete the actual Jailbreak.
Q5: How to Get Absinthe Jailbreak to work in Mac OS X 10.5
Fix: Yo will need Snow Leopard or Lion for Absinthe to Work. You need to update to newer OS.
[Updated]: Jailbreak Dream Team member – Nukias – has released Greenpois0n Absinthe 0.3 pre 2 as a separate download for Mac 10.5 Intel CPU. The updated absinthe-mac-10.5-0.3-pre2.zip addresses the issue in Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8) where the Absinthe application crashes. To jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0, iOS 5.0.1 on mac OS 10.5.8 follow guide here.
Q6: How to fix White icons bugs after jailbreaking with Greenpois0n Absinthe?
Fix: Follow this guide -> How to Fix VPN and Pesky White Icon Errors on Mac for A5 Jailbreak
Q7: I am getting ”Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand-by…” Error? How to fix it
Fix: In order to fix Fix “Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand-by…” Error, follow this tutorial.
[Update 1]: For random issues with Absinthe, follow these steps. In most of the case it worked.
1) After the Absinthe jailbreak fails to do anything, reboot your iPhone
2) Close Absinthe on your mac
3) Rerun Absinthe and it should detect the device and say that it noticed a jailbreak attempt failed and say it has “recovered”.
4) Reboot the device again, and close absinthe again
5) Rerun the jailbreak tool, it will rerun as it did in the first place.
6) After it’s done and says to tap the “jailbreak icon” do not do that! Instead go to your device, load settings, and click the “vpn” setting to “on”. Wait. The device should pop up and error and then respring about 30 seconds after the error.
7) If the device never resprings in step 6, repeat the steps above again until it works.
[Update 2]: Running Absinthe directly from Windows terminal seems to fix most of the common issue. Here’s how to use Terminal to run Absinthe A5 Jailbreak and Bypass Errors
If you get a strange problem, we advise you to restore your iPhone with iTunes, if you can. Ask @JAlLBREAKS for quick help.